Saturday, December 10, 2011

CAKE.

Aaaand a jolly good evening to you all. Today was an exciting day, full of unintentionally basing my self-worth on the number of "happy birthday"s posted on my Facebook wall.

But today was also a day where I forbade myself from doing work. As such, I spent my day not writing papers or practicing, but caroling, watching Bones, reading, and most importantly, making a cake. That's why we're here now.

I ultimately decided on a chocolate cake with a coffee-cinnamon (plus a hint of cocoa) frosting, and guys, it was really tasty. The cake was just the slightest bit on the gooey side, and the frosting, though sweet, had some fanciness in there with the coffee and the cinnamon. And a plus: it was a good-lookin' cake:

A note: I felt the lab goggles would be useful for a weapon such as my kitchen knife. Never know when cake might go flying.

And now, we venture into finals week, where work abounds and sleep suffers. No turning back.

See you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment