Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It's just not OK.

So I was minding my own business, reading a book today. No big deal, just killing some time. I had seen some questionable punctuation, but nothing that couldn't be reasoned away.

Then. Horror of horrors, I found this:
Excuse me? "You can write you're own check"? What editor was half asleep this time? This falls in a long line of errors in published books that just shouldn't happen. It's not arguable. You can't convince me that in any circumstance, "you're" would be correct. It's like that time I found a paragraph that ended with no punctuation. It's just not OK. And that's really all there is to say.

Update: as I was reading the prompt for my next lit paper (noting that the prompt is as long as the paper is supposed to be), I found yet another you're/your error! This is an English professor! What is the world coming to?!

No comments:

Post a Comment