Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The month ahead.

You know, every year I go into Thanksgiving break with this theory that this December won't be as busy as usual. It's a lovely, seductive thought. I fell victim to its wiles again, and only now am I beginning to see the light. Now, pretty much right on schedule, December's filling up. Winter vocal, band, and orchestra concerts have been replaced by the ridiculously hyped-up Christmas Festival. (Let's hear it for three shows in two days!) Finals are still there. Birthday is still there. General Christmas festivities are there. And excessive baking is still there. And this year, I've got a party, a dinner, and a jury to throw in.

Not that I mind. If you know me at all, you know that I'm happiest when I'm busiest.  Especially when that busyness is an effect of fitting a bunch of fun things, like performing and baking, into my schedule. And then the fun part for you guys is when they post these performances online (like they just did with the second half of the most recent orchestra concert at wetn.org) and show huge close-ups of my face around the 7:15 mark. I wasn't even playing. Seriously, cameramen.

Again, I'd like to apologize for the lack of substance in all of these posts. But surely you understand that when really all you have to talk about is life itself, it's hard to get variety in there. My plea: reward my mediocrity with fun comments! Or rather, help me aspire to something greater by letting me know that you're there. Cyberspace can be a very lonely place, so leave a comment. (Please.)

No comments:

Post a Comment