A breakdown of the menu, when all was said and done:
- duckies! cured in some combination of salt, orange zest, thyme, sage, and other lovelies
- mashed 'taters: not my favorite, but we aim to please here
- a carrot and sweet potato puree, featuring apple cider and other flavors of fall
- broccolini with some cheese and walnuts
- fennel gratin with lots of crispy-crunchy panko bread crumbs
- and for dessert, a pie featuring grapefruit curd, caramel cream, caramel sauce, and a mile-high meringue, torched with everyone's favorite Bernzomatic propane buddy. All atop a graham cracker crust. Different, but ooooooh. Delicious.
And all this is more information than you ever needed or wanted! Yay blogs!