Saturday, November 3, 2012

NaBloPoMo, Day 3

And I accomplished all my goals. I slept, I practiced, I baked. It was lovely. I hope to do it again soon. Also, crafts.

But I can't just leave a whole post at that. Instead, here are a few thoughts on the little show I'm working on:
  • There is essentially no plot. Blame: Frances Hodgson Burnett
  • Instead, we look at pretty costumes and exciting people and see how both change over the course of two hours.
  • We're about as loyal to the original script as I am to this blog when it's not November.
  • Ditto for the score.
  • I have the job of handing an actor a stick from the pit in the middle of "Final Storm." Tonight, I realized during the prologue that the stick was missing. I whisper to our music director. He texts the stage manager. The stage manager tells the director, who finds his way backstage to tell one of the cast members, who then mimes to me from the other side of the stage that she will be bringing the stick over, and would I like to receive it over the top of my stand or under my keyboard. With great purpose, she comes onstage for her scene change, slides the stick under the keyboard, and moves the panel she was originally slated to move. A well-oiled machine. 
  • I have issues with the show as a piece (namely, with the music; blame: Lucy Simon), but I am quite fond of the people in our production.
Maybe more later, maybe not. Go change those clocks - it'll be the best thing that happens to you while you're sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment